Learn how to make great video for Facebook, YouTube, Your Own Online TV Show, Drama, Local Events and much much more

Monday 9 November 2015

Welcome to How to Make Awesome Videos

Hi There and Welcome,


This blog is the companion to the new course that I'm putting together now.so you can expect some good tips and products here that will help you make great video. The course is due shortly and will be very comprehensive.


Some of the topics we'll cover are choosing cameras, lighting, sound and editing equipment and software on a budget. In fact I'll be showing you how to create stunning video using your smartphone. It's hard to believe you can do editing, add music and titles and download from within the phone itself.

I'll be looking at setting up a home studio and what you need for a mobile studio. How to take YouTube to the next level and use as a platform for your own online TV Channel. Filming interviews, local events and how to monetise your video. I'll set out the complete syllabus shortly.
Click here for Newsletter
I will set up a Facebook page and have already fixed an e-mail so click on the START photo which will take you straight there. I'm also setting up some regular freebies that my course students and followers here will benefit from. Yet another reason to sign up.

Now just a bit of background information. I don't have a degree in film-making or any other academic qualification. What I do have is practical experience in indie work and surrounding myself with professionals.

Just to let you know I made my first film in about 1951 so that may be before you were born, and maybe before your parents were born! I was about 8 years old and borrowed my father's 8mm camera. There as some film stock in it and I borrowed a couple of tartan skirts from my sister. I went off to the local park with a couple of mates and we made a film of about 3 minutes about the Scotsman Rob Roy, who fought the English. I can't actually remember much else except mny father was really mad that I'd taken his most treasured possession.

I will tell you more about my experience as we go on. It'll show you how technology has improved film-making and brought costs crashing. we'll look at the beginnings of the film studios in America and how you can use their techniques to make budget films.

So watch out for more.

Good filming









No comments:

Post a Comment